Monday, December 6, 2010

sleep is for squares.

soo, i had a baby! its still kind of bizarre to think about...its one of those things that you know will happen some day in your life and you are just terrified but now what do i do now that im on the other side of the whole experience? its kind of weird buutt...i couldnt be more excited to be un-pregnant. it was the most amazing experience of my life to carry my little baby girl inside of me but i cant say that i miss the backaches, overheating, huge stomach, and maternity clothes in the least bit. plus-now i can see her precious little face and let me just tell you, she is simply ADORABLE!! i love her so much.
she was born on tuesday, november 30th, 2010 at 5:17am. her legal name is Gwennivier Joann Bosley and she weighed 9 pounds 12 ounces and was 22 inches long. shes a big girl to say the least. she has a full head of dark brown hair and grey-ish blue eyes right now but im sure both will start to change as she gets older. she is super easy going, hardly cries, and lets me put her in any outfit i want...which is great because i absolutely LOVE dressing her up. she is lucky she is not a boy. :]
my whole labor and delivery went surprisingly well for it being an induction. i was induced around 6pm monday night with pitocin and having my water broken and so the contractions started off strong. they werent unbearable at first and i went until midnight before i got some pain medication administered through my IV. i cant remember what the pain medication was but it knocked me out and i was able to get a full hour of sleep before the medicine wore off. i got the medication again and then got to take another short nap. then when i woke up the contractions were hurting more than they had ever been and i really had to go to the bathroom so christopher helped gather up all of my IV cords and monitors and helped me into the bathroom and i had this overwhelming urge to push. i literally thought i might be giving birth to that baby in that bathroom. but soon the urge went away so i went back out to the room and the nurse was asking if i wanted to get an epidural. i told her yes but i wanted to wait until i was at least 5.5 cm dilated to try and avoid any complications so the nurse said "well last i checked you were only 3 cm so it might be a while" then, the urge came again. i told christopher that i HAD to push. the nurse looked kind of puzzled because she didnt think i was far enough along but she checked my cervix and sure enough, the full 10 cm. they still tried to give me an epidural but i told the doctor that i could not wait, this baby was coming right now whether it was time or not. they let me push a couple of times but they didnt want me to push really hard because the baby was already coming and my OB-GYN was asleep somewhere else in the hospital! he finally came and i had never been so happy to see him. within 10 minutes or less and just a few sets of pushing, Gwennivier was here!
she is healthy, and perfect. she did have jaundice which kept us in the hospital for four days but she was strong and is better now. she is also an excellent eater now, which was not the case in the hospital. i was so ready to just give up on breastfeeding and just pumping it for her and giving it to her in a bottle but we finally got the hang of it.
thank you to everyone who has been there for us during my pregnancy...i think it is yalls support that really made it so enjoyable and made me excited to actually give birth. it was something that i wouldnt trade for anything in the entire world. she can be a handful because she always needs my attention but she is so worth every second of my time that i spend with her.
...and she is starting to wake up now so i guess she is telling me im done with this post. this past week has been extremely busy so if i havent talked to you, its nothing personal...you can ask anyone and im sure they havent heard much from me since ive had her. :]

2 comments:

  1. oh...and also christopher is the most amazing labor partner. there is no way in the world i wouldve been able to get through it without him. im so grateful for all of his help and support too. gwennivier just absolutely LOVES her dad-its the cutest thing ever. and she definitely has his eyes. its so cute to see them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok most precious thing of my life. you should just see me in the library right now. smiling so big and wishing i was there to see her! only 13 more days til i get to meet that precious little girl. i'm so glad that you are happy and everything is going well. love you two so much!

    ReplyDelete